Post Levels 1.1 Beta
In preparation for the upcoming release of WordPress 2.1, I've prepared a new version of the Post Levels plugin. I'll release the final 1.1 once the WordPress 2.1 is released. If you're running 2.1 already, please let me know if you find any issues.
- Save the post-levels.php file in your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin in the WordPress UI
You must be running version 2.1 of WordPress. In theory, it won't break older versions, but won't really do much.
- Private Pages: You can now have private pages, just like posts
- Private Posts show up in Archive counts & Next/Prev links: Corrects a long standing bug where private posts weren't counted. Unfortunately, this bug still affects categories
- Removed HTTP Auth for private RSS feeds: This didn't work particularly well for people, it'll be replaced before the final relase (see below).
- Other minor fixes ...
- RSS for private posts: This time it'll really work :)
- Private posts in Category counts: This looks like it'll require either editing your theme, or using the Sandbox theme.
- Tell users there are private posts: Allow non-logged in users to know there are hidden posts
- Category-based level: Set default levels for certain categories
- Level quick tag: Allow some kind of shortcut for setting the post level